Monday 25 April 2016

Book Collectors Book Tag

How many books do you own?
The last time I counted I had about 390 but I'm awful at anything related to maths so knowing me I've miscounted or missed some out or something. Considering that this time last year I had two tiny bookshelves I do think my collection has grown somewhat and I've probably spent way to much money on books .... oh well!

How long has it taken for you to accumulate your collection?
I've had some of the books in my room but it was only recently that I started to buy more and more books. Probably about three years ago was when I accumulated the bulk of my collection. I only got three of my bookcases last year. I had to smaller cases before that (though I only have one now) and then I got some shelves about about eighteen months ago. But before that they were piled on the floor or on top of my wardrobe. Just every where really.

How often do you buy books?
If I had my way I would buy as many books as I possibly could every single day but well ... I'm broke  so not very often really. Maybe one or two each month though when I'm on holiday I usually get buy more books than normal.

How do you arrange your books?
I've tried loads of different ways. Rainbow, different sections for different genres, separate tbr shelves. But none of that works for me. Instead I simply go alphabetically. Oh and my hardbacks are separate from my paperbacks.

What is the first book you remember buying?
Actually buying myself or for other people? I can remember buying a copy of The Tales of the Perilous Realm, by JRR Tolkien for my dad when I was really really young (I know have that copy because it's Tolkien) but I think the first book I bought myself was The Story of Tracey Beaker, by Jacqueline Wilson.

What is the last book that you purchased?
The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman.

What is the longest book you own?
That's probably my hardback copy of The Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien. It belonged to my dad but it's mine now, though he doesn't know that so ssh okay?

What is the shortest book you own?
Kindred Spirits, by Rainbow Rowell which is only 92 pages long.

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2016 - 32
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment