Monday 4 July 2016

I NEED TO GO ON A BOOK BUYING BAN!

I'm currently in the middle of writing my March to June Book haul because I haven't written one in forever! And I've just realised how much money I am spending on books when really I should be saving up considering that in a little over a month I move to London and will be completely independent so .... yeah .... I think I need to  go on a book buying ban.

Now I know that I'm not going to be able to stop buying books. The only time I was able to do that was from November till about February but I did buy a few in that time because it was christmas and I needed to save up for going to New York and Iceland but whilst I was away I did buy some books. But that was part of the money that I'd saved up so it was allowed .... yeah, it was. But since then I have been so stressed that I keep buying a load of books and yes, it makes me so happy to see all these beautiful books sitting on my shelves but I can't afford it so time to go on a book buying ban.

Yet I recently came across a new challenge called the Read Five Before You Buy. Basically, if you haven't heard of it, you read five books and then you can go and buy a new book. I think that this is something that will really motivate me to continue reading so that I know at some point I'll be able to buy a book! There are so many books coming out soon in the next few months that I will be buy no matter what, even if I am in a book buying ban, so by having this then I'll be able to save up some credit so that I can buy them and just not buy books for no real reason.

Now I'm not going to class any review copies that I've requested as buying books because I like doing this stuff for authors because it really can be so helpful for them to get honest opinions. But I won't buy anything! Deal? Deal!

Since I've just hit my original reading goal for the year I'm going to start this Read Five Before You Buy challenge starting from fifty and I think I'll save up the books that I've read for when I want a book really badly. That seems fair, right! Hopefully I'll be able to stick to this!

Please tell me that i'm not the only one who needs to go on a book buying ban. Let me know if you are!

-IAMAGEEKINGINGER!
Book Total of 2016 - 51
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment