Friday 27 February 2015

Why I Love To Read

I've always been asked the same question, over and over and over again. Why do you like to read? Oh the joys of going to school with intellectually inept people who probably don't even know what inept means! These are the short of people who think that Shakespeare is too 'dull' and that Rowling was a cheap for copying the work in the Harry Potter films, who was too lazy to actually write 8 book. Give me a moment so that I can go and repetitively my face with this fridge ... if anyone understands that reference then I will love you forever!

But recently I have been thinking about that question, Why do you like to read? And I think I finally have an answer. But first things first, I do not like to read; I love to read. Just glad that we've got that out of the way.

My dad was a reader. Maybe that's why I love to read so much; perhaps it genetic? But when I was little me and my dad would sit down and read together before I went to bed. It was only meant to be a chapter a night but it would become so much more than that! My dad was an amazing reader, he did all these amazing voices for all the different characters and I still read some of these characters in those voices today. Because of all the reading that we used to do, I think that's actually why I love to read.

But there are other things that make me love reading too! Think the main thing is that I can allow myself to submerge into different worlds and live the lives of different characters. That's something that I really do love. I didn't have the greatest time when I was younger, got to admit that I got bullied a lot when I was younger so to be able to hide my emotions by living in these worlds. You don't know how many times I would walk into my room, curl into bed and just engross myself into the lives of Harry, or Frodo or the Pevensie's. It was the one thing that really helped me I think; if I didn't have the books that I did then I probably would be worse for wears nowadays.

The thing that I do find funny is that the kids who asked the question, why do you like to read? Are the very people who forced me to cling to my books and the fictional worlds that they reside in because they are the idiots who tormented me so much. That is something that I do find funny. If I hadn't been treated like the by my peers then I probably wouldn't be the person that I am today. Strange really.

In a way, I do thank those idiotic people who treated me like that; it does mean a lot.

So, in answer to that question, I love reading, not like it, because not only did it help me to get through some tough time. But it helped me to become the woman that I am today. Also I think that it has helped me to adapt my imagination in such a way. When I read about Katniss' trials I can now picture it as if it were going on in my head; though I never see it like any of the films because God they can be awful!

That is probably the main reason that I love it read!

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!

Book total of 2015: 10

XXX  

No comments:

Post a Comment