Sunday 8 February 2015

January Favourites

So this is a new segment that I have decided to include on this and basically each month I am going to talk about my favourite things that I have read or watched or listened to or eaten or ... well, you get what I'm trying to tell you.
Alright then, let's start.

Favourite Film:
So this is really really easy for me to say, so I thought I'd start off with this one. It's a bit of a cheat, I have to admit because I watched the beginning at the end of 2014 paused it to celebrate new year and then continued watching it. The film that I am talking about is .................................................................................. The Guardians of the Galaxy!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that I'm a bit behind, that most people will have seen this film several months ago but I couldn't afford to see it in the cinema. Therefore I waited till it came out on DVD.
Guardians of the Galaxy, for those of you who don't know, is about a space adventurer who calls himself Star Lord finds himself in the company of relentless bounty hunters after he steals an orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain. To evade Ronan, he is forced into an uneasy truce with four other misfits. But then he discovers the truth about the orb and he and his team must save the universe.
Come on, that sounds awesome right! It really was amazing!!!!!!!

There is actually a second film that I can mention which was the best film of 2014 for me and that was obviously The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies. It may have destroyed my soul a fair bit but it was still completely beautiful.

Favourite TV Show: Now this is a hard one but I think that the main telly show that I have been completely in love with in January was Silent Witness. Though I was mad about the 100 too, for me silent witness was so much more amazing! Silent Witness, for those of you who don't know, is about a forensic scientist who helps solves crimes. These crimes occur over two episodes and they have the most amazing plot twists at the end. Watch this show, or you will never live!

Favourite Food: Red Velvet Cake. Do I really need to say any more? It was most definitely the food of 2014 but I can still be obsessed with it, right? What am I saying? I don't need to explain myself to people. I can eat what I like, even though it isn't the healthiest and it will eventually put on the weight that I've just lost that I need to lose again now. Oh who cares, time to get more cake!

Favourite Album: This one is easy, X (deluxe edition) by Ed Sheeran. Need I explain anymore? He is my ginger buddy, even though we have never met, therefore he will obviously be someone I listen to all the time. And he did the main song for The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, so of course I love him.

Favourite Song: This one is also obvious. I See Fire. Need I say anymore.

Favourite Product: I don't use a lot of makeupy, cosmeticy stuff. I'm not super girlie. I wear a bit but not a lot. But I do love my Mac Prep + Prime, Natural Radience Base Lumiere. It is basically something that you put on beneath foundation and concealer, but after your moisturiser. It stops makeup getting into your pores and it actually works .... when I remember to put it on. 

Favourite Cosmetic: This one is was harder to pick but I have to say the new foundation that I've tried has definitely been my favourite cosmetic this month. This is the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation in light porcelain. This I really like because it's the only non Mac foundation that I have found which blends in with the skin completely. It's rather nice. 

Favourite Musical: Though I have still not yet seen it live, and unless it comes to London then I will probably never get to see it live. I am completely in love with The Adams Family. It has the most amazing songs in it and I am constantly singing one of them. One I did in an audition at the start of February. It is amazing and I suggest that people watch it on Youtube.

Favourite Book: This is probably the easiest thing to mention, the rest of the time I have felt slightly conflicted about what should go where but I knew this one instantly. This book was been out for a few years, but in Booktober last year, Carrie Hope Fletcher read it and recommended it to all of my fellow hopefuls. If you haven't guessed, this book is The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting. I am not going to mention a lot about this book because it really will spoil it for everyone. But it is about a girl who can see, feel, smell the echoes that the dead leave behind. And she finds a body of a young girl who was murdered. More girls go missing and more bodies are found and she is the only one who can stop this guy.
I finished reading it at the train station when I was waiting to be picked up and I had a little bit of an emotional break down. An old lady came up to me, thinking that it was something to do with a relationship. It was actually rather funny, until a girl in the opposite seat said "wait till you read the next one" WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can they say that! You can't!!!!! 

Right, well that's that. I'm going to be doing one of these each month so it would be really nice if someone could think of some more sections to include. Oh, and tell me what you think too. What's been your favourite thing in January? 

Until next time :) 

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER! 

(Book total of 2015 - 8) 

No comments:

Post a Comment