Thursday 1 October 2015

Booktober | 2015

Today is the 1st October and that means one thing; Booktober.
I was introduced to Booktober last year by Carrie Hope Fletcher (well not personally, I just saw her youtube videos and I sort of fell in love with the idea) and I instantly decided that I needed to take part next year.

For people who don't know, October is the national reading month in the UK (not sure if it happens in  other countries too, but it might happen) so some decided to create Booktober. The rule for this month is to read one book each week. These books can either follow a similar theme or genre (such as sci-fi or contemporary) or they could just be random books from a bookcase or the library. It doesn't really matter, so long as they are proper books.

Each week I'm going to post about what I thought the week from the previous week was like and then I will announce the book for the next week. I plan on doing this every Thursday but it might also take place later in the week if I have no or very little time on the Thursday of that week.

Oh, if anyone else is going to do Booktober this year then please feel free to let me know what you are going to read and what you think about the books I am reading.

Now, finally we are onto the most important information. What am I going to read this month?

The first book I'm going to read this month is .............................................................................................................................................................................................................. Elizabeth is Missing, by Emma Healey.

Maud is forgetful. She makes a cup of tea and doesn't remember to drink it. She goes to the shops and forgets why she went. She can forget anyone, even her own daughter - Helen.

But there's one thing that Maud is completely sure of: her friend Elizabeth is missing. The note in her pocket tells her so. And no matter who tells her to stop going on about it, to leave it alone, to shut up, Maud will get to the bottom of it.

Because somewhere in Maud's damaged mind lies the answer to an unsolved seventy-year old mystery. One everyone has forgotten about.

Everyone, except Maud ..............

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2015 - 51
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment