Wednesday 9 December 2015

Top 5 Book I Want To Read Before The End of 2015

This is something that I've seen on loads of blogs and blogs so I'd jump on the bandwagon.
I will admit that some of these books I don't actually own yet (but I've asked for them for Christmas) and since I planned this a while ago I have read two of these books now. Woo!!

Winter, by Marissa Meyer
Winter is the final book in the Lunar Chronicles. It follows the story of Winter (Queen Levana's stepdaughter) who is working with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies to launch a revolution and win a war that;s been raging for far too long. 
Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever after. 

This is one of the books that I don't own yet but I really want to read it since this year I read all the other books in the series this year and I want to finish the series off before the new year. 

Library of Lost Souls, by Ransom Riggs
This is the third and final book in the 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' trilogy. 
As the story opens, sixteen year old Jacob discovers a new ability, and soon as he's diving through history to reduce his peculiar companions from a heavily guarded fortress. 

I've asked for this book for Christmas and I plan to finish it before the new year since I've read the other books in this trilogy this year and I'd like to finish it in one year.

Legend, by Marie Lu
June and Day are from two very different worlds. June is from an elite family whist Day is the Republic most wanted criminal. 
Whilst caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse they discover the truth of what has really bought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets. 

This I have now read. So that is one crossed off of the list. 

The Heir, by Keira Cass
Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon - and they lived happily ever after. 
Their daughter, Eadlyn, had always admired their romance but didn't want it for herself. But being a princess has its responsibilities and the selection is part of her duty. Yet just like her father, love may not be completely out of the equation. 

A second book that I have now read! YES!

The Hobbit, by J.R.R Tolkien 
In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit. A Hobbit called Bilbo Baggins who is thrown into Middle Earth as a rather reluctant hero to help thirteen Dwarves reclaim their homeland of Erebor from the Magnificent dragon, Smaug. 

Four of the five books are things that I've never read before. However, each Christmas period I will always read The Hobbit. It has been a tradition for as long as I can remember so hopefully I will do it again this year!

I don't know if I'll read all of these this year. But I will give it a go!

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2015 - 65
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment