Sunday 21 February 2016

New York Haul 2016

On Friday I got back from the best trip of my life thus far. I went to New York for four days with my school and had an amazing experience. Something that I am going to write about in detail soon.

We were given some time to do a bit of shopping so I, obviously, bought some things from various shops around Times Square and some of the major monuments that I went to. Things that I thought I would share with you all.

Now I am not a major girly girl, which I'm sure most of you will know by now, so I didn't by any makeup or underwear or fancy clothes like a lot girls did on the trip. In fact the majority of my money was spent on food because ..... I like food. But I did buy some other stuff.

We went to see two shows so I obviously bought a programme for both of them in order to remember the show. But I didn't know that a programme in America is actually the Playbill (which are free) and the programmes that they sell us are more like our brouchers that have photos of the production. But I usually buy them too so I was fine with that really. Oh the two shows that I went to see were The Color Purple and School of Rock. As well as this I bought a t-shirt from both of the Productions. The Color Purple, for people who do not know, was first a book which is a part of my wider reading in English so I bought that at the show since I don't have a physical copy of the book and ... well it looked cool. From School of Rock I bought these coasters that are in the shape of vinyls because my dad has something similar which I keep asking if I can have and he keeps saying no so I bought something similar for my uni room.

We went to Radio City Music Hall and I met a Rockette (so I got a photo of me meeting her) but I also got a top that says 'Rockette' on it in order to remember the occasion.

Now my friend has had a really bad year thus far. She has already lost a few relatives and one of her grandad's had a stroke and whilst I was away another relative passed away. She collects Tsum Tsum's so in order to cheer her up I decided that I would buy her a tsum tsum from the Disney Store on Times Square. This is a limited Edition Statue of Liberty Minnie Mouse which has actually made her day. I'm a good friend!
Whilst in the Disney Store I saw a Minnie Top which turned her into the Statue of Liberty and I just thought, I want this. So I bought myself that as well.

I have always wanted a Hard Rock Cafe top so I decided to go into the Hard Rock Cafe top to get one. They didn't have the top that I wanted but they did have a beautiful jumper that I knew would come in handy when I was in Tech Week because it was warm but light weight so I could wear my leotard and tights under it so I invested in that as well.

We also went up the Empire State Building and I knew that I wanted to get a snowglobe whilst in America (I have a small collection of them and I want to collect as many as possible) so I bought one that had the major landmarks in it from there. As well as this I bought a guide book because I also have a fair few of them from various trips and we didn't get a lot of time in the building itself so I wanted to learn some more about the building.

Even though I was told not to, I bought something for my mum and dad. It's a New York Skyline paper weight (which dad is already trying to convince mum to let him take to work) and a bar of Hershey's chocolate each because neither of them have tried them before.
I also bought my grandparents a New York Thimble. My Grandma has collected them for as long as I can remember and I don't think they've ever left England, let alone the continent, so I thought that that would be a nice little present for them.

Finally when waiting in Duty Free to board the plan I bought myself a copy of The Martian by Andy Weir because .... well I wanted to read the book before I saw the film and it was there so why not.

So year, that's what I bought whilst in New York. My adventures whilst on this trip will be uploaded shortly but I thought that this might be something sweet for you all to read first.

Any holiday plans this year? Please let me know in the comments down below.

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2016 - 10
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment