Sunday 12 June 2016

The FRIENDS Book Tag

How did I not know that this existed! Friends has been something that I have loved for the longest time and now I discover a book tag. The two things that I love the most; Friends and Books!

"So No One Told You Life Was Gonna Be This Way" - A Book Which Surprised You
I'm not sure whether surprise is supposed to be used in this sense as in a section of the book in question surprised you or if you found it surprisingly enjoyable. I'm going to pick the latter and say Curse of the Sphinx, by Raye Wagner. I've been raving about this book a lot lately but I just want to  express how beautiful it truly is! This is a book that everyone should read and witness the masterpiece that is Raye Wagner's writing!

Chandler - A Book Which Had You On The Floor Laughing 
Now, I'm not one for reading or watching anything that's too comedic. That's not really my forte. But eventually I will come across something that I simply can't stop laughing about. For me, this has got to be The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, by Douglas Adams. This has always been a film that I love (I mean who can hate Martin Freeman). But I didn't realise it was a book until very very late on. Think I read it back in 2014 and even now I can remember how much it made me laugh. My sides still hurt when I think about it, actually.

Monica - A Book That You Never Want To Be Damaged Or Broken 
This is easy for me, I have got to pick my favourite book of all time. Anyone want to guess what that is? Yes, The Hobbit, by JRR Tolkien. This will always have a special place in my heart and if anyone dares to try ti damage a copy around me! Well, let's just say that they will probably end up in the same state as said book.

Joey - A Book That Love And Want To Become A Movie 
This is so difficult. I read so many books and I always wonder what they would be like if they were adapted into a movie. But then there's the fear that it'll be changed so drastically by the directors that it won't even resemble the source material at all! (And yes, I am thinking about the Percy Jackson movies). But I think I'd either have to say Throne of Glass, by Sarah J. Maas or Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell. They are the two books (well book and series) that I have always dreamed of being transformed into an amazing adaption!

Phoebe - A Book That Had Bad Reviews But You Loved 
Okay, so this one may not have had all bad reviews but I feel that the majority of the Bookish community either hate or adore The Red Queen, by Victoria Aveyard. This was a book that I devoured in a long journey and it just blew me away. I really don't understand why people dislike it so much!

Ross - A Book That Can't Decide Whether You Love It Or Hate It
Surprisingly, I think this was the question that I have found the easiest to answer. For me it has to be The Heir, by Keira Cass. As I'm sure some of you will know, I adored The Selection Trilogy. I devoured all three books so quickly and when I learnt that she had slightly continued this series with a prequel of sorts, I leapt at the idea. But no matter how heard I try, I still haven't been able to read it. This is a book that I have attempted to pick up a good ten times already and I just can't get past the first chapter. I want to finish it, I just can't.

Rachel - A Character That Had Major Character Development 
This took me so long to think of but I think I'm going to have to say Todd from The Chaos Walking Trilogy, by Patrick Ness. In The Knife of Never Letting Go, Todd is a boy who doesn't really understand the world. He has been fed lies all his life and knows nothing about the real world. He hasn't even reached puberty yet. But over the course of the three books he changed so much, in the best way possible. It truly is some of the best character development that I can think of!

Central Perk - A Book You Go To When You're Bored
I probably wouldn't say bored, rather in a slumpy mood. For me this has got to be Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, by J.K. Rowling. It's just something that helps me get out of those slump moments when everything else is too boring or just not what I need. It takes me back to a simpler time. Maybe I should go and read it again now!

Gunther - A Book You Always Hear About But Never Buy 
For me, I think this has got to be For All The Boys I Loved Before, by Jenny Han. Everyone always raves about it but for some reason I just never want to pick it up.

"Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, What Are They Feeding You?" - A Book That Has A Nice Smell
There are so many books that could fit into this category. Every book has a unique smell. But the one that I am going to pick has got to be my paperback edition of The Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien. Whenever I smell that book, I feel like I've come home!

"How You Doin'?" - A Book Character That You Love So Much 
I would say someone from a book that I've already mentioned but I won't instead I am going to go with Cinder from Cinder, by Marissa Meyer. I fell in love with the Lunar Chronicles when I started reading the series last year, but my favourite character will always be Cinder. She went through so much and developed so much. It really was beautiful!

"We Were On A Break!" - A Book That You Stopped Reading For Some Reason
Sadly there are several books that I've stopped reading but the one that first springs to mind has got to be The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern. I don't know why I disliked this book when everyone else in the world and their mother seemed to adore it so much. But for some reason I just couldn't get into it at all. I just didn't think it was as good as everyone else says. I want to give it another chance but I just couldn't get into it.

And there we go, my version of The FRIENDS tag. Feel free to tag yourself and let me know if you do it!

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2016 - 43
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment