Monday 20 April 2015

Review | The Body Finder, by Kimberly Derting

What You Need To Know:

Title: The Body Finder
Author: Kimberly Derting
Number of Pages: 327
Genres: Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller,
Publisher: Harper
Published: 16th March, 2010.

The Plot:

Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major insults in her teenage life; Jay Heaton - her best friend/the guy she is in love with - and her fairly morbid ability to sense dead bodies. Since she was a little girl, she has been able to sense the echoes of those who have died .... and the imprints that they leave on their killers.

She knows how to deal with these so called talents, but the feels that she has for her best friend since forever ... not so much.

However, there is a serial killer rampaging her town. Not only is she the first person to find the body, but she realises that she is likely the only person who will actually be able to stop him.

Jay, although he is fiercely protective of her, agrees - though reluctantly - to help her on the mad quest to find a murderer; causing Violet to pray that he is not doing this just out of friendship, that he too wants something more.

As Violet finds herself falling further and further in love with her best friend, she finds herself getting closer to discovering the killer .... through becoming his prey.

My Thoughts:

Yes, I read this book back in January. But I still love this so much and I can't wait to go into extensive details about exactly how I felt as I read this absolutely breathtaking book. This is still my favourite read of the year and I have read so many things since this. But I love it so much and I shall now explain why.

First things first, Carrie Hope Fletcher read this for Booktober last year and she said it was amazing, therefore this book was instantly sold to me. I've wanted to read it ever since, so I asked for it for Christmas. I loved it so much. But I'm getting ahead of myself by saying that.

It was really, really easy to get into. I might say that about a lot of books, but this really really was. It starts off in a flash back situation and I was like 'what the hell!'. It was so good. That was probably only  like five pages long and I already knew that I was going to love it.

Violet was such a relatable character, other than the fact that she can here dead people. I understand her pain of being in love with someone who only sees you as a friend and the fact that they are only interested in the popular people. I really relate to her because of that, and she just seemed like a fairly normal ... realistic. She really could be my friend; or someone that I know. I really believed that she was real. That's a sign of a good book, right! Believable characters.

The concept of the book is so unusual. I haven't read many thriller books like this whilst still dealing with teenagey stuff. That's something that I really really enjoyed about this book; it was unusual but so amazing.

But the ending was something that I found completely amazing. I won't spoil it for anyone but I was sat at the train station waiting to be picked up and I got to the second to last chapter and stuff happened and I was just crying. There was an old lady near me who offered me a tissue and she probably fought that something had happened, I'd broken up with someone or something. But then there was an twenty something girl who had obviously come home from uni who said to me, 'wait till you read the next one'.
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN??????????????????

Now I want to read the next book, Desires of the Dead. But they don't have it in stock anywhere so I am having to wait till my birthday to get that!

I've gone off topic again, haven't I. Anyway, I absolutely loved this book, which you can probably tell, I really can't wait until the next book, and finish the series!!!!!

Rating: 

Obviously I'm giving this *****

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2015 - 21
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment