Monday 27 April 2015

Review | The Walking Dead: The Road To Woodbury, by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga

You Need To Know: 

Title: The Walking Dead: The Road To Woodbury
Author: Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga
Number of Pages: 228
Genres: post apocalyptic, horror
Publisher: Thomas Dunne Books
Published: 16 October, 2012

The Plot:

The Road To Woodbury is the second of Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga spin off books for the Walking Dead graphic novels.

It focuses on Lily Caul and her journey in the walker infested world towards Woodbury. A rural town that is barricaded and walled off in order to protect the people from the dead. On an initial  look, Woodbury looks like the ideal sanctuary. But it really isn't.

Paul Blake is the Governor, the person in charge, the one person who can keep the people in line. But his actions, the eeriness of it all, make Lily suspect that not everything is as perfect as Blake would like to make it seem.

Blake has strange ideas about law and order, and because of that Lily and a group of fellow rebels lash out. Yet they open up a batch of mayhem and disaster; something that is accompanied with death, lots and lots of death.

My Thoughts: 

I read the first book ages ago, and I can't remember a lot of my initial reactions but I can remember the complete shock of one thing. I'm still slightly confused by the previous book. But as I read this, I began to understand it a bit more.

I'm obsessed with Walking Dead, people who know me know that. They are completely beautiful. So I thought that I would love the books and although I do love the story behind it; I didn't really click. Don't get me wrong, I like the whole world and the characters were fairly easy to connect with but it was the writing style. It was like I was reading a really really complex essay and I found that rather annoying.

I really couldn't enjoy it because of that.

Rating:

Because of the reasons above, I have to give this book ***. But I do love the concept behind it!

-IAMAGEEKINGGINGER!
Book Total of 2015 - 22
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment